Monday, October 3, 2011

Gaining Momentum - but need to hear from you

I've been gathering emails from a variety of parent meetings I've been attending within the schools throughout the month of September as the school year has kicked off.

I have gotten some "push back" as some of the emails were part of class distribution lists.  I want to know parents and the kids in my kids' classes as much as possible -- along with the teachers and administrators. And know that they have some of the same interests and concerns about the education system as I do.  In past years, it seems as if it takes us months to connect ... and then the school year is over.  I'm hoping with this blog and parents wanting to remain on the other email distribution lists that we'll connect sooner in a positive way.

So either join this Blog's membership OR please respond back to one of the emails sent from Parentpowerrttt@gmail.com to remain in the loop.  (Especially if you were on a classroom distribution list.) 

Also, please pass this Parent Blog to other parents you know in your neighborhood, other BSD schools, etc.  The more we're connected, the more we can learn from each other.

Here's what I'm working on currently for future Blog postings:  Along with attending a BSD breakfast later in the week and a presentation on  the future of "Baby Race to the Top", I am creating a Parent FACT SHEET on the DCAS testing.  I am trying to cut through the educational jargon and outline the results of the testing from year one, what's working and what's not working from a parent point-of-view.  Look for more later and of course, share your concerns as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment